Friday, December 06, 2013

- - Julep | December 2013 Maven Box Review - -


Happy Thursday, everyone! How are you all doing?

With my first exam finished and my next one not starting until next week, I think this is a good time to talk about Julep's Maven December Box! It arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon. 

Just a reminder - Julep's Maven program is a monthly subscription that costs $20 and features primarily nail polishes along with a feature beauty product. If you'd like to know more, you can check out this post.

Click "read more" to read further about the December box...
This month's theme was Gliteratti. I've posted the selections that were available for each style profile here
Unlike previous months where Julep shipped items in a black box, this month's collection was shipped out in a silver box, which I have to say is a pleasant change:



The first peek:



The contents:



I selected the Classic With A Twist box because Jillian and Mia appealed to me the most out of all the nail polishes. Here they are below:


Jillian & Mia
Jillian is described by Julep as "deep eggplant with bronze molten."
Mia is described as "greenish silver metallic."

There were two add-ons that I selected: Misti & Celia. There was something really alluring about both these colours. Here they are below:

Misti & Celia
Misti is described as a "smoky blue-grey crème"
Celia is described as "icy green metallic." I haven't tried this colour yet, but it looks really nice in the bottle, so I do have high hopes for Celia. Also, with the holidays coming up, this colour caught my eye because I have a skirt from Modcloth with basically the same kind of colour of sequins. I think Celia will match the skirt quite nicely:


Here are all of the colours together:

L-R: Jillian, Mia, Misti, & Celia
Each colour -- Retail: $14 | Maven: $11.20

The bonus gift this time around was a set of two Twistband elastic hair ties. Included along the hair ties is a Twistband code for 25%. This is a neat bonus gift, but for all of you who remember what my hair looks like now, will know that I probably wont be using these too much unfortunately...



Last but not least, the featured beauty product this month was the Sweep Eyeshadow Palette: Neutrals. Here are a few pictures of it:


The palette seems to be made out of sturdy cardboard and has a magnetic closure. I included the picture below so that you could get a sense of how small the palette is. It's a little longer than a bottle of Julep nail polish:




I will try to swatch these colours in the coming few days!
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are thinking about signing up for Julep's Maven monthly subscription, I would greatly appreciate it if you could use my referral link, but don't feel pressured to do so. This is an excellent company, so it's great even if you discover it on your own. Get your first box free by using the code: FREEBOX.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for your time!~

No comments:

Post a Comment