Thursday, April 10, 2014

- - Vegan Cuts Beauty Box | March 2014 Review - -


Hey friends!

Did you see? I'm working on a Facebook page for Magnificent Road! It's definitely a slow and ever-changing process, but I'm hoping it will allow me to be better connected with you and vice versa. You can find the "Like" button just below my contact info on the right. Thank you so much for your continual support!

In the meantime, I've got a review of my first ever Vegan Cuts beauty box! I came across this subscription when I was looking into organic/natural subs a while back. Vegan Cuts has two boxes you can subscribe to: a snack box and a beauty box. I only subscribe to the beauty box.

Let's take a look at the contents after the jump!


------------------------------------------------------------
What is the Vegan Cuts Beauty Box?
"The easiest way to discover cruelty-free brands without committing to full-size products or prices. Each month you'll receive a delivery of 4-7 new products to try, ranging from unique cosmetics to luxurious skincare." (Vegan Cuts)

Frequency: monthly
Monthly cost: $19.95
Ships to: worldwide
Shipping cost:
     US: free
     Canada & Mexico: $8
     Worldwide: $15
Shipping date: second/third weekend of every month
Products are: 100% vegan & cruelty-free
------------------------------------------------------------


My beauty box took about a week to arrive, which is pretty quick!

First peek!

Vegan Cuts provides a product card with a brief description of everything that is featured in your box. By the way, these beauty boxes aren't curated on an individual basis, but there are product variations box to box.


Hmmm. I looked at the products in my box and I looked at the products listed on my card and only then did I realize that I was missing the LVX nail polish. Bummer!


I contacted customer service right away and they replied back in less than an hour to direct me to a form I needed to fill out. I wasn't intending to continue this subscription at this time, but I guess I will now so that I can get an extra product in my next box. I think there is a possibility of getting a replacement without having to purchase another box (I guess you can do that by selecting "no" for the question of whether or not you're continuing your subscription), but I didn't explore it.

Anyways, let's take a closer look at the 4 products that were in my box:



* Please note that all of the prices are in US dollars. *

1 || Polished Organic Sugar Scrub in Diva (Pure Natural Diva Botanicals)
        (Sample size: ~$5.00? for 14 g/0.5 oz | Full size: $40.00 for ?)
        (Link to product)
  


"Exfoliate your skin to POLISHED perfection with our delectable sugar scrub.  Organic sugar smooths all the lumpy, bumpy, rough and scaly parts, while the rich oils sooth and treat damaged skin.

The divine botanical scent of DIVA lingers on your skin, delicious, soulful, sultry and mysterious.

Notes include natural musk derived from Ambrette, a sinfully smooth New Caledonian Sandalwood, blended together in a lusciously robust Vanilla.

97% Organic, Vegan, Sulfate Free."

A protection seal on a product is always a plus!

Diva is one of the four signature scents of Pure Natural Diva Botanicals.

This product reminds me of the sugar foot scrub from last month's Beauty Box 5, which I continue to use and love, so I'm pretty sure I will like using this product as well. I hope you can get a sense of the texture from the photo below:


I don't know what the volume of the full size product is, so I'm just going to take a guess at the price of this sample.

2 || Moroccan Argan Oil + Argan Stem Cell Shampoo & Conditioner (Acure)
        (Sample size: 2 x $1.70 for 59 mL/2 fl.oz | Full size: $19.99 for 680 g/24 oz)
        (Links to products: shampoo | conditioner)




These two smell amazing! The shampoo and the conditioner are basically the same in terms of scent, but I'm finding that for some reason the shampoo scent especially reminds me of marzipan. Yum!

After an extensive discussion of stem cells in relation to one of the products in my Inner Circle package last month, I definitely won't go into it here. Just know that this shampoo and conditioner contain argan stem cells and argan oil, both of which are supposed to have healing and anti-aging properties. These products promise to be great for repairing your normal/dry/damaged/curly hair. They are also:

Color safe,
Vegan,
Gluten free,
Sulfate free,
Paraben free,
Phthalate free,
Cruelty free,
Have no synthetic fragrance, and
Are 100% biodegradable

What a list! So far I'm really liking this product. :)

3 || Gentle Cream Cleanser & Light Facial Day Cream (Antipodes: Scientific Organic Beauty)
         (Sample size: $2 for 5 mL/0.17 oz of cleanser | $4 for 5 mL/0.17 oz of cream)
         (Full size cleanser: $48 for 120 ml/4.23 oz)
         (Full size cream: $48 for 60 ml/2.1 oz)
         (Links to products: cleanser | day cream)



I'm not familiar with this company and I haven't tried either of these samples yet, but judging from the product pages, these sound quite intriguing!

4 || Pure Argan Oil from Morocco (Eden Allure)
        (Sample size: $? | Full size: $18.00 for 1 oz // $30.00 for 2.2 oz)
        (Link to product)


"Eden Allure argan oil gives your skin the vitality and beauty it deserves. The Vitamin F (essential fatty acids) and triterpens regenerate and rejuvenate skin cells, encouraging the growth of new healthy cells." (Eden Allure)

As with the previous three products, I've never heard of this brand before. From what it says on the label, you can use this product either on your skin to regenerate skin cells or on your hair to achieve "luxurious softness."


I tried using the oil earlier today for my hair and after some time my hair did feel pretty soft. I'm just not sure yet if it was because of the argan oil or because I had taken a shower earlier in the day. :) I'll just keep trying this product and I'll let you know!


------------------------------------------------------------

|| Total Value: $14.40 (US) - not including the Argan Oil ||

Wow...I just added everything up and this box did not pay for itself at all with the products I got! This has to be the first ever box that didn't. HOWEVER - I do realize that it is only because I accidentally didn't receive the LVX nail polish, which would have been full size and valued at $16.00.

In terms of everything else, I really liked all of the products and I know for sure that I will use everything I received. 

This was my first experience with Vegan Cuts and they impressed me with their quick shipping and their dedication to vegan and organic products.

At $31 a month though (after taxes and the US-CAD conversion), this is definitely not a cheap monthly subscription for me. Vegan Cuts seems like an excellent sampling service, but with a few other active subs right now that have roughly the same price tag, it may simply not be in my budget. I'm going to see what the April box is like and what my budget is at that point before I make my decision to suspend this subscription or continue with it.

If you would like to subscribe to the Vegan Cuts Beauty Box, you can do so here.

Are you familiar with Vegan Cuts?

Thank you for reading! -A.~


P.S. Want a sneak peek/reveal of the April Inner Circle package? Check out the Magnificent Road facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment