Saturday, May 31, 2014

- - Photo A Day Challenge | May 2014 - -

Hi friends!

This month I continued participating in the monthly photo a day challenge hosted by Chantelle of Fat Mum Slim.


The concept of this photo challenge is simple: take a picture a day that corresponds with the guiding prompts (see below) and then share it with the #FMSphotoaday hashtag.

Source: Fat Mum Slim

To be completely honest, I didn't finish this month's challenge either. I tried though, and that's what counts!

You can check out the days for which I took pictures right after the jump...


May 1: BEGINS WITH J


J is for none other than Julep! Funny enough, as I was thinking of what I could do with this prompt, the beloved magenta box with the May collection arrived at my doostep. :)

May 2: SNACK


Haha, I promise you - I did not eat these in one day...nor did I eat them alone!

May 3: COLLECTION


At the beginning of my last #FMSphotoaday post, I showed you guys four pencils from my pencil collection. As promised, this here is my modest collection. Again, it's not really something that I consciously collect. Rather, it's a collection that seems to have accumulated over the years since elementary school.

May 4: US


For this prompt, please enjoy a blurry photo of my brother and I bonding over a swiss & ham sandwich! I think another way to interpret this prompt would have been to see "US" as U.S. or America. Just a thought. :)

May 6: FROM DOWN LOW


I decided to try taking this photo from the viewpoint a small creature (an ant or something slightly bigger) looking up at the world through the grass.

May 8: BLUE


The sky!

May 9: FAVOURITE


I recently rediscovered my love for eating cereal with fruits (quite possibly because we finally stocked up on both cereal and fruits).

May 10: IN THE GARDEN


My mom recently purchased two small hanging strawberry bushes for our backyard. This is a close-up of one of their flowers.

May 11: MOTHER


Speaking of my mother, her favourite flower is the carnation. I remember I read a cheesy joke about these flowers many years ago. It went something like: "What do you call a country with lots of cars?" "A carnation." Ohoho...good one!

May 14: LINES


I see a lot of lines in this photo. Do you?

May 17: BAG

The purse/bag I currently have is from JustFab. This is a close-up of the hardware on it. I should have purchased all of the colours when I still had a chance!

May 18: SOMETHING I DREW

I've often been fairly good at being able to reproduce a sketch. One day in grade 10 I found a picture of a tree trunk that had amazing shading. The picture above is what I was able to copy from it. I never got to finish this sketch, but ever since then I've fallen in love with shading. I haven't been drawing or sketching in years, but I might start up a GiveIt100 challenge soon to renew my interest in it.

May 26: PET


Lately there's been a bunny that keeps visiting the backyards in our line of townhouses. While I don't have (and have never had) a pet, I think I would love either a bunny or a kitty as a pet.
 --------------------------------------------------------------

I believe those are all the photos that I had for May. Unfortunately I couldn't come up with a picture for all of the prompts, but I'm going try again in June.

Source: Fat Mum Slim

Will you be joining me for the June challenge? :)

Thank you for reading! -A.~

No comments:

Post a Comment