Friday, October 25, 2013

- - Favourite Way to Tie Neck Scarves - -


There are tons of tutorials and websites devoted to the tying of scarves. For me though, on the days when I feel Parisian and want to add a little neck scarf to my outfit, this is how I tie my scarf.



Step 1:
What you want to do is get a square (preferably silk or polyester) scarf to do this with. It's important to find yourself a flat surface to fold your scarf on. The size of the scarf largely depends on how big you want the tied scarf to be. What I'm actually using in these photos is a men's pocket square -- however, it is large enough to fold and small enough to look elegant.


Step 2:
Fold one of the corners of the scarf into the centre.


Step 3:
Fold the opposite corner into the centre.


Step 4:
This step is kind of tough to explain, so I hope you can see what I did in the picture. Take the widest part of one of the folded corners and bring it into the centre.


Step 5:
Repeat with the opposite corner.

Step 6:
Fold the entire scarf at the centre. Be careful with this step and the next because depending on the size & material, the scarf can be slippery & can easily come undone.


Step 7:
You don't always need to get to this step; if you feel that the scarf will be too wide when you put it on, feel free to fold it once more. Be careful as the scarf can easily come undone at this point.

Step 8:
Pick your scarf up and wrap it around you neck once - tying it at the front/side twice. Adjust the scarf to comfortably sit on your neck - not too tight, but not too loose.


Ta-da!

Step 9 - Optional:
I wouldn't be able to accomplish it with this pocket square scarf, but when I have bigger square scarves I like to tie the two ends into a bow. I don't have a picture of it right now, but I'll eventually update this post with one. In any case, give this method a try - feel free to experiment with different sizes and materials, and let me know how it works out for you!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment