Sunday, January 12, 2014

- - Julep | Naughty and Nice Mystery Box Review - -


Happy Sunday!

Today, I wanted to show you what has already been reviewed quite a bit - Julep's Naughty and Nice Mystery Box. Since there was only one version of this mystery box, I'll try to keep this review short and provide you with an ample amount of  pictures :)....

The Naughty and Nice Mystery Box was released in December, when for $24.99 you could get an array of "mystery" products worth $125. In addition to this, there was also a mystery add-on available at the checkout for $9.99. My very first mystery box from Julep, the Diamond Mystery Box, was quite impressive, so I decided to go for the one in December as well. After using the 40% coupon that came with my December Maven box, the Naughty and Nice Mystery Box and the mystery add-on came up to $20.99.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 


The Mystery Box came enclosed in a bigger box. When I first opened it up, I couldn't understand why there were three nail polishes outside of the Julep box. Soon enough, I realized that this was the mystery add-on. I guessed the Mystery Box was too full to include the add-on.

Mystery Add-On:
- - Faye | Liquid bronze shimmer | $14.00  $3.99 (On Sale!)
- -  Lois | Dusty rose frost | $14.00  $3.99 (On Sale!)
- - Jane | Full-coverage rose gold multi-dimensional glitter | $14.00 (Non-Maven) / $11.20 (Maven)

L to R: Faye, Lois, Jane


I was pleasantly surprised to see Lois. I ordered it last month for my mom, who loves pale pink polishes, and she has fallen in love with it. It's a lovely colour and it has great lasting power.

First look at the Mystery Box:

Contents:



Nail Polishes
- - Joanna | Lilac frost | $14.00  $2.99 (On Sale!)
- - Nellie | Pink fuschia crème | $14.00 (Non-Maven) / $11.20 (Maven)
- - America the Beautiful | Sterling silver stars with shiny red and royal blue glitter | $14.00  $2.99 (On Sale!)
- - Brenda | Blizzard white microglitter | $14.00 (Non-Maven) / $11.20 (Maven)
- - Alaina | Driftwood taupe crème | $14.00 (Non-Maven) / $11.20 (Maven)
- - Aviva | Purple with silver full coverage holographic glitter | $14.00 (Non-Maven) / $11.20 (Maven)

Brenda and Aviva were only available in this mystery box. However, I am going to assume that if they were to be up on the Julep site, they would have the original $14/$11 value.


L to R: Joanna, Nellie, America
L to R: Branda, Alaina, Aviva

Beauty Products
- - Blank Canvas Mattifying Face Primer | $28.00 (Non-Maven) / $22.40 (Maven)


- - Kajal Eye Glider & Sharpener | $22.00 (Non-Maven) / $17.60 (Maven)



 - - Rock Star Hand Crème | Full size: $20.00 $14.99 (On Sale!) 
      (Sample Size: 30 mL/1 oz for ~$3-5)


Yay - I love this hand cream! When I first opened up the Mystery Box, I did so very quickly and I missed the hand cream completely. After leaving the box alone for a few days, I kept thinking that Julep accidentally forgot to include it in my box. The day I opened up the box to take a thorough look and to take pictures for this blog, I decided to rummage through the packing material and sure enough, I found the hand cream. It's so small! See how it compares to the full-sized version:

30 mL/1 oz VS. 85 g/3 oz

Despite the size, I'm still pretty happy to receive this travel-sized sample because it's an awesome hand cream!



- - Julep Lip Gloss in Timeless | $22.00 (Non-Maven) / $17.60 (Maven)


In November, I mentioned how I really liked Timeless, but I didn't end up choosing it for my November Maven Box. Later on, I ended up purchasing Timeless at full-price with a few other items. When my package came in for me, I discovered that Julep accidentally gave me two Timeless lip glosses. I didn't really know what to do, so I never followed up with Julep on that. Now, it turns out that I have THREE Timeless-es...I really love this shade of lip gloss, but I think three is a bit much. 

I reviewed Timeless here - along with Charming and Daring. By the way, the only shades available right now on julep.com are: Charming, Glowing, and Posh.



 - - Luxe Repair Skin Serum | Full size: $28.00 (Non-Maven) / $22.40 (Maven)
      (Sample: 4 x .07 oz / 2 g for ~$2?)


 - - Green Tea Facial Blotting Papers | 40 Sheets | $4.99 (Amazon)


 These aren't featured on Julep's website anymore.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion
There were only two beauty products that were completely new to me: the Green Tea blotting papers, and the Mattifying Face Primer, both of which I'm interested in trying out. I liked all of the nail polishes and the only one that was a duplicate was Lois. I gave away America the Beautiful for Christmas, so I'm happy to see it back in my collection.

In terms of value, I calculated the current prices for each product. Without the add-on, the Non-Maven value of this box comes to roughly $145 and the Maven value comes to roughly $120, which is a bit lower than the promised value of $125.

Despite the Maven value of all of these products, I think this was a pretty good box. I'm definitely looking forward to the next mystery box. Hopefully there will be more than one version!

Thank you for reading! ~A.

No comments:

Post a Comment