Wednesday, April 02, 2014

- - The Face Shop | Mini Haul - -


Hi friends!

So I FINALLY made it out to The Face Shop at the Eaton Centre last week! I initially found out about the wonder that is The Face Shop from Amy of Michi-Mochi and I've been meaning to check it out for the longest time. Living in Mississauga, it's just way too much of a mission to get to downtown Toronto. However, I did end up being downtown for a few hours last weekend, so I figured I'd stop by and check out the store.

Read more after the jump...

The Face Shop is located on the second floor of the Eaton Centre and it occupies a fairly small space there. When I was there, I asked the saleswoman to give me a run down of what the store was all about. She told me that The Face Shop specializes in skincare and cosmetic products coming out of South Korea. Although it is a brand that is aimed largely at women, it does focus on men as well.

The store was pretty empty when I got there around lunch time, which was perfect because I like to shop in peace despite being in a crowded mall.

After looking around for 15-20 min, here's what I picked out:


* Please note that all of the prices are in Canadian dollars *

The first stand I gravitated towards was the one with nail polishes. There were a lot of beautiful colours for really great prices. I settled on 4 favourites:



Left to right:

Lovely Me:Ex Colored Paper CMX328 ($6)
When I walked over to the nail polish stands, this was the polish that caught my eye right away. It has a clear base and is full of pink & blue glitter flakes. I love it! It works best over another nail polish.

Lovely Me:Ex Paint Nails BR803 ($2)
There's something alluring about this pale beige/light orangy colour. For my next manicure I'm going to pair it with the lavender coloured nail polish. Plus, you can't beat the price of $2!

This was the nail polish that piqued my interest in The Face Shop when I saw Amy swatch it! I initially though that it had a pure white base, but it seems to be more of a murky white/cloudy white in person - if that makes sense?

Lovely Me:Ex Paint Nails PP404 ($2)
Another lovely colour that caught my eye. Beautiful shade of lavender!


Direct sunlight

I also picked up two face masks to try:


Real Nature Mask Sheet in Lemon ($2)
"A brightening mask sheet containing fresh lemon extract to brighten dull skin tone while maintaining its translucence."

I love the little diagrams on the back!

Real Nature Mask Sheet in Green Tea ($2)
"A hydrating & energizing mask sheet containing green tea extract to fill dry skin with refreshing and hydrating moisture." 

Love it!

I haven't tried these masks yet, but I really hope that they smell nice. I was informed that there was a promotion going on for the masks: buy 10 and receive 5 for free. Each mask is $2, which isn't too bad, but I decided to take two for now to see if I like them. If anything, I can always return to buy more.

The last product that I picked up caught my eye because of its cute packaging:



Lovely Me:Ex Petit Perfume Stick in 02 Sweet Cute ($16)
There were two other scents available: Love Floral & Fresh Breeze. I think the concept of a perfume stick is brilliant. To use, you need to apply the stick on your pulse points (inner wrists/elbows/behind the ears).

The scent of Sweet Cute is strong, but not in the sense that you could smell it 10 feet away. It was also the least soap-like scent out of the three available perfume sticks. The floral scent is subtle enough to be wearable at a workplace. Plus, the container is small enough to fit into a purse, so I love that you could take it anywhere with you.




I pull this perfume out from time to time just to sit there and smell it. :)

 -------------------------------------------------------------
  
Not bad for a first experience!

The official website of The Face Shop doesn't seem to allow online shopping.

Currently, there appear to be either The Face Shop locations in Toronto/Ontario: 

Pacific Mall
Fairview Mall
Markville Mall
Eaton Centre
Vaughan Mills
Scarborough Town Centre
Square One - thanks Amy!
Sherway Gardens - NEW!

(^Don't hesitate to let me know if I'm missing one!^)

If going in-store isn't your thing, there are a few online retailers that sell The Face Shop products. One of these is YesStyle.ca (I didn't find this out until 10 min ago!).


Have you been to The Face Shop before?


Thanks for reading! -A.~

No comments:

Post a Comment