Tuesday, June 24, 2014

- - Teacup Tuesday | Week 3 - - -


Happy Tuesday!

As you'll see, I didn't get to try as many new teas this week as I wanted to because I'm mainly drinking the ones I talked about during week 1 and week 2. In any case, I hope you enjoy reading about the three news teas I want to share with you today. :)

Let's take a look...

*Click on the photos to enlarge them.*

1 || White Christmas | Stash Tea Company || White

Caffeine?: yes
How to prepare: 1 tea bag | 67-77° C/150-170° F | 1-2 min
Ingredients: white tea, peppermint, ginger root


I decided to take a brief break from DAVIDsTEA teas and try something new. After looking around at what I have on my tea shelf I realized that I actually have quite a bit of tea left over from Christmas. I know I didn't accumulate these teas, so my parents must've gotten them as gifts. Because of candy canes, I find that there's usually a strong association between Christmas and peppermint, so I guess it doesn't come as too much of a surprise that this is a peppermint-flavoured tea. Compared to Cold 911, which combines peppermint and juniper berries, White Christmas is quite pleasant in that it's not as harsh in terms of scent and taste. The tea itself comes in a tea bag, which I find to be pretty convenient.

2 || Crème Caramel Rooibos | DAVIDsTEA || Rooibos

Caffeine: none (aka less than 1 mg of caffeine per cup) 
How to prepare: 1.25 tsp | 96° C/205° F | 4-7 min
Ingredients: red rooibos, caramel pieces | natural and artificial flavouring
Please note: contains milk


Although initially I wasn't very fond of the scent, over time I've come to really like this tea. I find that it has a calming effect when you drink it and despite the prominence of caramel, there's something to the scent that reminds me of walking through a forest. This tea tastes great with milk!

By the way, notice the needle-like texture of the tea? This is very characteristic of rooibos teas. In general, rooibos teas are made from a South African plant and they are filled with antioxidants. Rooibos tea is a great alternative for anyone who wants a caffeine-free tea.

3 || Cotton Candy | DAVIDsTEA || Rooibos

Caffeine: none (aka less than 1 mg of caffeine per cup) 
How to prepare: 1.25 tsp | 96° C/205° F | 4-7 min
Ingredients: green rooibos, sprinkles, mango | natural and artificial flavouring
Please note: contains hazelnut, and sulfites

This past week DAVIDsTEA was sending out samples of their new Cotton Candy tea with all online orders. I'm pretty happy that my order arrived with this sample today - right on time for this post! Visually, the mix of ingredients is aesthetically pleasing. I'm not sure if they add add anything significant to the taste, but I just love the added sprinkles! They're tiny, but I was picking them out a little bit to eat. :)

I was kind of surprised to find out that this was a rooibos tea since this is the lightest (hue) tea I've ever come across. In fact, I would say that it looks more like a white tea (not like White Christmas though) than it looks like Crème Caramel just above. I guess the green rooibos makes all the difference.

In terms of scent - this smells soo good! It smells exactly like cotton candy, which is amazing! I think there's also an ever-so-slight hint of mango.

Cotton Candy will be available in stores tomorrow (June 25th)!

This tea is part of the DAVIDsTEA Carnival Collection, which includes: Caramel Corn, Cherry Snowcone, Cotton Candy, Pink Lemonade, and Root Beer Float.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

What kinds of tea did you drink this week?

Thank you for reading! -A.~

No comments:

Post a Comment