Monday, August 24, 2015

- - Petal & Post | Mini Haul 2 - -


Hi everyone!

Today I am back with another Petal & Post mini-haul! You remember Petal & Post from a few weeks back, right? I've been loving the products I purchased last time, so I decided to go ahead and see what else I could discover.

Take a look after the jump!


* Please note that all of the prices are in Canadian dollars.*



1 || Premium Glass Polish in Original Fig | Murchison-Hume || $12.00 for 500 mL/17 fl. oz

I have been going back and forth about this product for a couple of weeks now. I was initially supposed to have this review out last week, but I decided to give this product another chance. On the one hand, I love that this glass cleaner is made up of mostly naturally-derived ingredients (99.9%). On the other hand, I'm frustrated with the streaks it leaves behind.

When I first got this cleaner I started out using a paper towel to wipe down our mirrors. That was pretty awful because the streaks left behind were made worse by the paper towels. Then I tried using a lint-free cloth like it recommends in the instructions. Using the cloth was better, but I still see streaks on the glass. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'll keep trying my best to make this product work.

By the way, Original Fig is a nice scent, but it's a strong one. There is another scent option (Australian White Grapefruit) but it's just as overpowering. If you don't like strong scents then this cleaner (and the next one) isn't for you.


2 || The Ladies Bathroom Cleaner in Australian White Grapefruit | Murchison-Hume ||              $12.00 for 500 mL/17 fl. oz 
 
Now this was a cleaner that I had no problems with. It does a decent job of cleaning and it's great to be using something that is made with 99.8% naturally-derived ingredients.

Both the Glass Polish and the Bathroom Cleaner sprays have three options: off/lock, stream, and spray. Just thought I'd share that!


If anyone is interested, there is a Boys' Bathroom Cleaner as well. The main difference between the two bathroom cleaners is the illustrated icon on the product label. The product formula and the scents are exactly the same.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Alrighty, let's move on to Part 2. The second part of my mini-haul consists of skin care:


3 || Organic Rose Water | Primavera Life || $38.50 for 100 mL/3.4 fl. oz


I have been looking at this product for some time, so when Petal & Post were having a sale a few weeks ago I decided to pick it up. Rose water has a variety of benefits for your skin that range from hydration, to reducing redness and acne, to functioning as an anti-oxidant. You can use rose water as a toner, moisturizer, or as a setting spray for your makeup. I also read somewhere that you can use it as a makeup remover as well. Isn't that interesting? I'm not too sure how well rose water would work as a makeup remover, but it's worth a shot one day. In any case, it's really interesting to try a product that is so natural!

My skin is fairly normal (not really dry or oily), but it is sensitive. I initially intended to use the Rose Water as a toner, but I've noticed that it leaves my skin a little bit red, so now I just use it as a refreshing spray throughout the day.

4 & 5 || Corrector - Sample | Lily Lolo || $2.25 for sample size (each)



I have saved the best for last! I saw that Petal & Post sells corrector samples by Lily Lolo, so I decided to give it a try. In short - this is a powder that helps correct blemishes.


There are two available shades: Blush Away (very light mint green), which helps to correct red tones, and PeepO (yellow), which works to cancel out dark circles and pigmentation. Yellow correctors are generally better for anyone with olive or tan skin; it didn't work for me, so I gave it away to a co-worker.


But Blush Away...oh my, I really liked it! I have red blemishes in a few spots on my face and the light green powder works really well to mute them. I probably am not supposed to, but I use this as an under-eye concealer as well. I put a very light layer of power over my dark circles and then go over the powder with my pink Illume Eye Brightener from Julep. This combination works really, really well for me.


I guess you can use it on its own if you really want to, but I would strongly recommend using this powder under makeup. I'll try to explain why. The powder has incredible staying power. Seriously - this is unlike any powder I have come across before. This is awesome, but it does make the product a bit tricky to work with. You really need to work with a brush or a sponge, and build light layers rather than putting on a lot at once because the powder is tough to blend if there's too much of it. If you take the time and use it as instructed, I'm sure you'll come to love this product as much as I do. :)

Even though my little sample containers didn't come as full as expected, Blush Away will last me the next couple of weeks for sure. After that I am definitely investing in the full-size version.

-------------------------------------------------------------

You can find all of the above products at Petal & Post! Have you tried any of them?

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment