Wednesday, March 13, 2019

- - Fujifilm | Instax Mini Film Review : Shiny Star - -

Another Wednesday, another post!

I recently started a new series of reviews in which I showcase different kinds of Instax Mini Film. All of the instant mini film I feature in these posts has been tested out with a Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 camera. Last week, I talked about the Instax Mini Comic Film; this week, I'm continuing the series with a look at the Instax Mini Shiny Star Film. Check out the full review right after the jump!


The Shiny Star film is definitely interesting. At first glance it may seem like it is only a silver/metallic frame with silver, blue, pink, and yellow stars on it.

The colour didn't transfer very well in this photograph, but the photo on the left actually has a light pink tint and the photo on the right has a blue tint.

However, when you look closer (and depending on how the light falls on the frame), you can actually see that the the frames come in various shades of blue, pink, and green.























In the collection of photographs above, I was trying to capture the trees in my neighbourhood that froze over after a day of freezing rain. I love outdoor photos, but I find that on cloudy days everything comes out looking kind of dull. What I like about the photos above is that the Shiny Star film actually added some colour and made the photos look more interesting!

At the same time, I do have to admit - the Shiny Star film isn't my favourite. It's interesting and unique, but I think I'm just not into the metallic frame look for my photos.

Although...


...the Shiny Star film does make photos look more dazzling! Of course the model helps too. 😉

--------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you think about the Shiny Star film?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading! 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment