Wednesday, March 20, 2019

- - ColourPop | Disney Designer Collection Review - -


A little while ago, the stars aligned - not only was ColourPop's Disney Designer Collection back in stock, but there was also free international shipping with no minimum! ⭐

The Disney Collection launched at the end of September 2018 and it sold out several times before I finally got the chance to pick up a few items. Lucky for you readers - as I write this post - the Disney Designer Collection is fully stocked and still available! The collection features the following Disney princess-inspired cosmetics:
      • An eyeshadow palette
      • 6 lipsticks
      • 6 eyeshadows
      • 3 lip glosses
      • 2 highlighters
Although the entire collection is beautiful, what really caught my eye were three eyeshadows and one lip gloss - all of which I was able to pick up when the collection was back in stock. It's these four items that I'm going to take a closer look at right now...

Check out the full review right after the jump!

*Please note that all of the prices are in USD.*


1 || "Be Our Guest" Super Shock Shadow || $5.00 for 2.1g





"Be Our Guest" is a pleasant mix of red, pink, and salmon shades that ColourPop calls berry pink. The colour has a satin finish and a blue/violet sheen. I've only swatched "Be Our Guest" on my hand so far, but the formula is smooth, creamy, and it seems like it would be easy to work with. This eyeshadow is the most opaque out of the three colours I got and it has the smallest amount of shimmer.

2 || "A Whole New World" Super Shock Shadow || $5.00 for 2.1g

ColourPop describes "A Whole New World" as an icy lavender shade that's made up of pink, silver, and baby blue glitter. The colour is pretty difficult to capture in photographs. Compared to the photo that ColourPop has on its website, this eyeshadow is definitely more purple in person than it is blue. However, if you use the eyeshadow lightly, it'll appear light blue from a distance. "A Whole New World" is the colour that I find myself using the most - this is probably because it's the most translucent eyeshadow out of the three I got.

3 || "Under The Sea" Super Shock Shadow || $5.00 for 2.1g

I couldn't resist trying out Under The Sea when I received it...

















This is my most loved item from the Disney Collection! "Under The Sea" is a metallic seafoam green shade that has a golden sheen, and it's just so wonderful and beautiful in person! The finish is satin and the creamy formula (just like the other two shadows) is a dream to work with! "Under The Sea" fits somewhere in between "Be Our Guest" and "A Whole New World" - it's not too opaque and it's not too translucent. Just beautiful, is what it is!

4 ||  "Bobbidi" Ultra Glossy Lip || $6.00 for 3.0g



The names of the three lip glosses in ColourPop's Disney Collection refer to a Cinderella song called "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo." The song is sung when the Fairy Godmother uses her magic to ensure that Cinderella can go to the ball in style.



The lip gloss, "Bobbidi", is a soft coral shade which is great if you want just a bit of colour and shine. This neutral lip gloss goes with pretty much anything and that's why I love it!


Here are the swatches of the three eyeshadows and the lip gloss:

L - natural lighting | R - artificial lighting (flash)























As you can tell, I'm pretty excited about everything I picked up from ColourPop's Disney Designer Collection! I don't know if I'll get that much use out of "Be Our Guest", but I'll make it work!

Also - exciting news! ColourPop sent out an email today with a preview of their next limited edition collection - Disney Villains! The collection features:
      • An eyeshadow palette
      • 6 lipsticks
      • 6 highlighters
      • 6 lip glosses
      • 6 jelly shadows
      • 2 body glitters
The collection launches on March 21. From what I've seen so far, the jelly shadows look really interesting! Will you be picking anything up?

-----------------------------------------------

Have you tried anything from ColourPop's Disney Designer Collection?

Thank you for reading! ðŸ‘‘

No comments:

Post a Comment