Monday, August 17, 2020

- - Fujifilm | Instax Mini Film Review : Airmail - -

Happy Monday and hello again!

A number of changes (and lots of ups and downs) have occurred at my end since my last post, so that's why I haven't been too active on this blog. Fortunately, I am working towards getting back into a routine. Given my offline work schedule, I don't think I'll be able to continue publishing posts three times a week, but hopefully I can work out a regular schedule once there is a little more certainty at my end. Thank you for your understanding and continuing support!

Today, I wanted to put up a few photos taken with the Airmail Instax Mini Film.

The Airmail mini film has a very light blue/grayish frame that features red and blue lines at the top and bottom (or in my horizontal photos, at the sides).


The red and blue lines aren't really featured on envelopes anymore, but this border was frequently used in the past in order to separate international mail easier. The border design depended on the flag colours of the country a letter was originally from (e.g. red and blue for the US and UK). Nowadays, the border is used only decoratively and, interestingly enough, the phrase "Air Mail" is actually trademarked by the USPS.


If you're interested in the history of airmail in the US, a good place to check out for a brief overview is this post. It may lead you to other interesting information!


Overall, Airmail is one of my favourite Instax films, and I find that some of the best photos I have with this frame are ones that I've taken during bright, sunny days.

------------------------------------------

What do you think of the Airmail film?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading! đź’—

No comments:

Post a Comment