Sunday, June 07, 2020

- - Fujifilm | Instax Mini Film Review : Macaron - -


Ah, the Macaron mini film. 😍

As soon as I started purchasing coloured/patterned mini film, I knew that I wanted to try the Macaron version. The one thing that really held me back was the price. Whereas most Instax mini films will fall in the $13-$18 CAD range (when they're reasonably priced), for some reason the Macaron film is typically at least $22.

I ultimately purchased two packs of this film from AliExpress, so the price ended up being about $13 per box (after taxes). If you can wait about a month for your purchase then sometimes AliExpress is really the way to go!



Each Macaron exposure has a gradient of two pastel colours. There is an order to the way the colours come out of the pack. The gradient continues throughout 10 exposures so one of the colours (typically the colour on the right - but this changes at times) will indicate which colour will continue on the next exposure.


I typically don't keep track of the order the photos come out in because I like the element of surprise.


The most exciting place I've taken this film is Carassauga, which is a three-day celebration of cultures that's held every year in the city I live in. Unfortunately, the festival won't be held this year for obvious reasons, but you will see a few more photos from it in a future post!

Other than the festival, I've mostly taken scenic photos and photos of trees with this film...such is the life of this introvert. 😅


--------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of the Macaron film?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading! 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment