Friday, June 05, 2020

- - Fujifilm | Instax Mini Film Review : Sky Blue - -


Happy Friday!

Today (and for the next few posts) I'll be shifting focus back to a few Instax mini film reviews. For this post, I wanted to take a look at the Sky Blue Instax mini film. This film holds a special place in my heart because after getting used to operating my Instax Mini 9 camera, this was the first non-white film that I tried.


The Sky Blue film isn't quite a true "sky blue" shade. There is more green to it than blue - making it closer to a pale turquiose.


It was a beautiful sunny day (the best kind of day for Instax photos!) when I first used this film. I was heading to a wedding in downtown Toronto when I decided to capture the beauty of the church the wedding was held at.


Although the captured image is quite nice on its own, I think the Sky Blue frame does add something to it.


Fast forward a month and the next time I used the Sky Blue film was during a trip to the Happy Place that I mentioned when reviewing the black Instax mini film. The photos above were taken in a room that was filled wall-to-wall with yellow rubber duckies. The small details didn't come out too well in these photos. Also, light from the flash of the Instax Mini 9 camera only travels so far, so I think these photos may have worked out better if the room was brighter (at least for the first photo).

The photos didn't turn out too bad though and I think they still capture the uniqueness of the setting we were in well.



Ultimately, my favourite photos with the Sky Blue frame were the ones that I took when I was on a walk with Laima the day after a major snowfall. The brightness of each image looks lovely against the blue frame!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever tried the Sky Blue film?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading! 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment