Friday, February 12, 2021

- - Fujifilm | Instax Mini Film Review : Rainbow - -

Happy Friday!

Today I'm continuing the Instax Mini Film series with my favourite Instax film - Rainbow!

The Rainbow film includes 10 sheets with a vibrant, gradient border. The gradation of the colours (as you see below) is circular / continuous and (at least in my experience) each film pack can start at any point in the pattern.

More after the jump!

In theory, the way you can know which colours are next is by paying attention to the order they come out in. In practice though, who really cares which colours are next? The most important thing is to have fun taking photos!

The reason why the Rainbow film is my favourite film to shoot with is because the final result is largely unpredictable. Sure, you can quickly catch on to the pattern of the colours, but you won't fully feel the impact of your image until you see the frame that it comes out of your camera in.


Not every image is going to come out with the perfect composition. For example, I think the image below came out too gloomy for the cheerful border that it's enclosed in:


I was still mostly learning how to use my Instax Mini 9 at the time this photo was taken. More specifically, I was experimenting with how the camera would capture an evening sky (it was around 6pm). Ultimately, I think the final image has an interesting feel to it.


Another reason why I like the Rainbow film is because it feels celebratory. It also helps to be at a party when you're using it!...Does anyone remember parties? Those were fun!


------------------------------------------

What do you think of the Rainbow film?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading! 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment