Tuesday, February 23, 2021

- - Nature Collection | New Jeju Line Review - -

Hi everyone! How was the beginning of your week?

This past Saturday, I received an email from Nature Collection (aka The Face Shop) about their new Jeju products. Even though they didn't advertise it at the time, these products have actually been in Nature Collection stores since (I believe) early October.

It wasn't all in the email but from what I've seen in stores late last year, the new Jeju line includes: an aloe cleanser, a 3-step nose mask, a foam scrub (I believe I've seen the regular cleansing foam as well), a clay mask, and nose strips. I've got a few of these products for you today!

More after the jump: 


1 || 3-Step Impurity-Removing Nose Strip Kit - $3.00


If you've been a long-time The Face Shop customer then you might remember this product in different packaging years ago. This version works exactly the same. There are three nose strips: the first opens up the pores, the second is your traditional nose strip that removes blackheads, and the last strip closes pores.

The first and the third strips are pre-moistened. I like the third strip because it has a bit of a cooling effect and it actually seems to soothe the skin and close the pores. The first strip doesn't seem to do much. I can't really see or feel the difference when I use a blackhead removing strip with or without the first strip.


2 || Calming Clay Stick Mask - $17.00 (I believe - I will update once I know for sure)

This product caught my eye because it has calamine (a really soothing ingredient) in it. Years ago, The Face Shop had an acne product with calamine, which worked really well for me, from the Clean Face line. Since then I've always been enthusiastic about trying products with calamine. 


It seems that the new Jeju products are meant to replace the old Jeju Volcanic Lava line. More specifically, the new Calming Clay Stick Mask is meant to be a gentler, less messy alternative to the discontinued Jeju Volcanic Lava Mud PackThe mud pack helped to clean out and tighten the pores. It was great for combination/oily skin types.

The new clay stick seems to be good for all skin types. You would still use it in the same way as the mud pack - apply after cleansing and wash off when the mask has dried. The clay stick is formulated without 7 additives (methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, phenoxyethanol, mineral oil, and talc). The key ingredient is still volcanic soil from Jeju island so this mask is great for cleaning out pores and absorbing excess oil.


The mud pack always seemed too harsh for my dry and sensitive skin. In contract, the clay stick is pleasant to use and my skin feels clean and soft afterwards.


3 || Jeju Aloe Fresh Soothing Foam Cleanser - $8.00


Ultimately, if I had to pick my favourite product from the new Jeju line it would easily be the new aloe cleanser. The 99% aloe gel is one of The Face Shop's most popular (and most gentle) products, so it's awesome that the company decided to release a cleanser version of it!

Although the aloe cleanser is in a gel form, it does foam up when mixed with water. The downside is that you might go through this cleanser faster because it's easy for a lot of gel to come out of the tube at once. Even a little bit goes a long way to clean the skin though (without leaving it dry).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever tried any of The Face Shop Jeju products?

Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading! ðŸ’—

No comments:

Post a Comment