Friday, May 15, 2020

- - Fujifilm | Instax Mini Film Review : Black - -


Happy Friday!

For the next few posts I will be focusing on more Instax mini film reviews. These will be relatively short posts (or at least that's the plan) in which I will share a few photos that I have taken over the past couple of years with different kinds of Instax Mini Film. All the Instax photos in these posts have been taken with the Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 camera.

Today, I wanted to take a look at the Black Instax Mini Film.


This film surrounds your photos with an edge-to-edge black frame that can really make your photos pop!



The first time I used this film was Halloween night, so I got to experiment with what a dark photo would look like in this kind of frame.


Ultimately, I think the black Instax mini film looks best when you have a photo with bright colours, so the next place I got to use this film was during a trip to the Happy Place exhibit, which came to Toronto in late 2018. I only used my Instax camera during this trip so you'll see photos from it in other Instax Mini Film posts!


If you're unfamiliar with the Happy Place, it is (for the most part) a pop-up exhibit that has a series of life-size installations where you can take some really fun photos. You can actually visit the exhibit in Boston virtually right now.


One of the installations is a room that has hanging flowers. The black Instax film worked perfectly because the black frame helped make the flowers stand out. What I also liked about these photos is that (for the most part) you can't really see the thin wires that the flowers are attached to in these photos - but this has to do more with the Instax camera not being able to light up the room far enough.


--------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever visited the Happy Place?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading! 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment