Tuesday, May 12, 2020

- - Fujifilm | Instax Mini Film Review: Bloom (Urban Outfitters) - -


Hello again!

I hope that all of you are safe, healthy, and keeping busy during this crazy time.

The first half of the year was really busy for me and, even though Toronto has been under quarantine since mid-March, it's only now that I am finding some free time to turn my focus back to this blog. I have a few post ideas in mind so hopefully I can see those through in the coming weeks!

Today I wanted to make a quick post to show you one of my favourite Instax Mini Films - Bloom!

Take a look after the break below:

If you're ever looking for unique Instax mini films to purchase, Urban Outfitters is always an option. In this case though, U.O. is actually the only option because the Bloom Instax Mini Film is an U.O. exclusive.


At $24-$29 for a pack of 10 films, U.O. is not the cheapest place to purchase from, so it's best to buy their films when they're on sale or during some sort of promotion.

After months of checking the price (in store), I was able to get 2 packs of the Bloom film for $30 + tax. Considering that 1 pack typically sells for $29, that's not too bad!



The first time I used the Bloom mini film was to document a strawberry-picking trip for my mother's birthday.
 
Just like the name suggests, the Bloom film features 5 different patterns of floral frames. Each pattern repeats twice. I believe there is a set order that the frames come out in (there usually is with Instax films), but I typically don't pay attention to it because I like the element of surprise. 😅



Most of the pattern is at the bottom of the Instax, so you may find that you have no choice but to write notes or the date (if you like writing on your Instax photos) on the back of the photo.



This is the first time that I've encountered a pattern that completely covers the writing space, but I don't mind it.



I also noticed that the patterns aren't edge to edge like they usually are (see Shiny Star or Comic mini films). I think this feature is unique though - the photos look like they just came out of a photo booth!



--------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried the Bloom film before?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading! 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment